I have a little confession! I have never seen an entire Harry Potter movie from start to finish! I am going to change that this summer. Starting today, I am going to watch every movie from start to finish! I wake up so dang early, I’ll be able to watch them in the morning before anyone else is even up:) I’m not allowed to make a lot of noise in the morning because apparently my mom doesn’t want to wake up at 6 o’clock every morning! I would totally do some baking in the morning, but I’m guessing that would cause some loud noises. Instead I’ll write this blog and watch movies while the rest of the house sleeps!
Well what’s in my belly today?
Some COOKIES:)!! Some really delicious cookies!! These “I Want to Marry You Cookies” are packed with so many wonderful things! They have chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, pecans, oats (my favorite!!) and some cinnamon. With so many scrumptious ingredients it’s almost impossible for them to taste bad.
The cookies have the perfect cookie texture! So chewy!! When I make cookies, I take them out of the oven when they are just a little under baked and let them finish baking on the sheet while I press in some chocolate chips to make them look nice and pretty! They always turn out much better when I do that.
I made tons of these cookies, and I thought we were going to be stuck with these cookies for a long time. I don’t like making too much of a recipe, because then I can’t make any other desserts until they’re all gone. These cookies however, went quick! We had a full Tupperware, and then all of a sudden we only had half a cookie!! When that happens, we know we have a good cookie recipe on our hands! That’s why I’m sharing it with you today!!
* A quick note! I made my cookies quite large, and I still got more like 3 dozen cookies rather than the 2 dozen it claims to make!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ¼ cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup uncooked rolled (or old fashioned) oats – not quick oats.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, extra for garnishing, if desired*
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, extra for garnishing, if desired*
- 1 cup roughly chopped, toasted pecans, extra for garnishing, if desired*
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until sugars are incorporated and smooth. Chill the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, and cinnamon and mix together.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Roll by hand into medium-size balls or use a scoop, and place on sheet pans. If desired, tuck extra chips and pecans over tops of dough mounds for a lovely appearance.
- Chill, on sheet pan for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 14-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for several minutes on pan, then transfer to cooling rack.
- Watch the proposals coming pouring in!!!