CAKE!! I love it! I never get to make it because my family would never help me eat it, but I got to eat lots of cake yesterday! I went to THREE graduation parties yesterday. They were all for people that I met on the mission trip with. They all had cake!!:) I didn’t really eat a quality meal yesterday, except for breakfast. Other than that, I filled my belly with FRUIT!!, pickles, gummy worms, and cake! It was wonderful!!
I love cake, and I love cake batter flavored things! That’s exactly what these cookies are, so you better believe these went into my belly!!
I made these cookies because we had a half box of cake mix in the cupboard that had been staring at me for a long long time! I had to go to a meeting for my job at the daycare, so I figured it was the perfect time to make these!
They were like no other cookie I’ve made. They were big and puffy and were more “cakey” than normal cookies. Instead of being chewy, they were fluffy!! They tasted like CAKE and man were they good! Everyone at the meeting loved them, so I didn’t bring any home!!:) I’d call that a success. I was also asked for the recipe!
I haven’t tried them with other cake batters, but I’m guessing it would work with any boxed mix!! I want to try chocolate, or lemon poppy seed, or red velvet, or cinnamon muffin!! There’s so many options!!
The recipe comes from cookiesandcups.com
Funfetti Gooey Butter Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix (15.25 oz)
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In bowl beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth, add in egg and continue mixing, scraping sides as necessary.
- Add in the cake mix and beat until combined and finally stir in extra sprinkles.
- Chill dough for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet 2″ apart and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to wore rack to cool completely.