Does anyone still watch Pretty Little Liars? Sadly I do:( Every week my friend Rose comes over to watch with me, and each week we talk about how ridiculous it is that we still watch it. Each episode seems exciting, but then the episode ends and all of a sudden we realize nothing really happened. It doesn’t even match up with the first few seasons anymore! They are just making up crazy stuff now. Even though we know this, we can’t bring ourselves to stop watching! So each week it’s the same and has been since freshman year of high school, except now we make food!! Sometimes it’s dinner, sometimes it’s dessert, but it’s always delicious!
So what’s in my belly? NOODLES!!
I absolutely love noodles!! I especially love all of the different shapes you can get. I kind of get obsessed with anything that comes in multiple flavors (pop tarts, granola bars, gold fish…), or in this case shapes! I am pretty sure I could eat pasta every single night!!…in fact I did for about 9 months at college!
I decided to make this fettuccine because Rose is not a fan of melty/stringy cheese (weird right?). This recipe just has a light olive oil dressing, so I figured it was something Rose would like! It calls for the juice of a lemon, but we didn’t want the lemon to overpower the other flavors, so we only used half of a lemon. It turned out perfect and we both loved it!
I added parmesan cheese to mine…LOTS of parmesan! It’s one of my favorite cheeses! I put it on my eggs, my salads, and all of my noodles! I think it’s the saltiness that I like so much. We only had the grated stuff, and that’s what the recipe called for…but I would have preferred the big fresh shavings.
Another thing to note is that the recipe called for 8 oz of pasta, but we ended up using the entire 16 oz box! There seemed to be plenty of veggies and meat, so we went for it! (Doubling the noodles meant we also doubled the dressing) Looking back, I think we maybe could have used just 8 oz because I love lots of veggies in my pasta, but that’s probably more of a me thing!
So here’s the original recipe!
LEMON CHICKEN FETTUCCINE
- 8-ounces (half of a 16-ounce bag) Fettuccine, cooked
- 3 tablespoons Pompeian Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pint sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 package (8-ounces) mushroom slices
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add cubed chicken pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper; cook until chicken is browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
- Add halved grape tomatoes, sliced mushrooms and parsley; frequently stirring, continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add cooked fettuccine to chicken mixture and cook until heated through, stirring frequenty.
- In a cup or a jar, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper; shake it or stir it until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir into pasta mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.