Another recipe today! Tomorrow is going to be crazy so I will have zero time for the blog! I am leaving for a long road trip with my friends to go to my very first concert!! We’re leaving at 5am on Friday morning. Tomorrow I have to work, pack, make some muffins for our early morning road trip, take pictures of the cookies I made (recipe coming soon!!), make a dinner for the family (recipe coming soon!!), and then head over to my friends because we’re all sleeping over so that we are all ready to go bright and early on Friday! As crazy as tomorrow is going to be, I am super excited!! You know what else I am super excited about?? The fact that I finally listened to my own advice!!
A broccoli filled dish finally made it into my belly!!
YES I finally did it, I ignored the recipe and doubled the broccoli! Unfortunately I did overcook the broccoli, so it was a little mushier than I would have liked:( Not too mushy though because I still loved it!! Probably because this combined some of my absolute favorite things! I can’t get enough broccoli, I have never said no to pasta, I’m never shy about my garlic, and I’m pretty sure I could put parmesan on anything! Sun-dried tomatoes are also good, but I could take them or leave them
This is a very nice and healthy dinner! Especially if you eat it like I did, which means having 50% of your plate be broccoli!:) Yum, Yum, Yum!!! I also added tons and tons of extra parmesan! I seriously love that stuff! I think it’s the saltiness or something?
It’s a super fast recipe, so I will definitely keep this recipe on hand! Plus, it’s has very few ingredients, so it might be a perfect recipe for a dinner at college! When/If I make it again, I will still add the extra broccoli, but instead of cooking it with the noodles, I will steam it separately so it doesn’t fall apart! Next time I also might switch to fresh parmesan rather than the grated stuff, because I absolutely adore the fresh kind! Or maybe I’ll use the large shreds of it!!! Because oh my goodness that stuff is amazing!! It doesn’t get much better than large chunks of parmesan! Oooh now I want a salad with some parmesan, and maybe some chicken! Now I’m not going to be able to get that salad out of my mind! Expect a salad recipe soon!!!
Now I’m getting off topic! Let’s get back on track! Here’s the recipe! Remember double the broccoli and steam it seperately, don’t ever be shy about garlic, and pile on that parmesan cheese!!
- 1 lbs- any short pasta
- 1 head- broccoli
- 2 tbsp.-olive oil
- 3 tbsp.- sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp.- chilli flakes
- 3 cloves- garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Set a large pot of water on high heat and bring it to a boil, add salt, pasta, and broccoli separated into florets.
- Cook according to package directions, don’t overcook, your pasta should be al dente and broccoli tender but still firm. It should take between 7-9 mins.
- While pasta and broccoli are cooking slice garlic and cook it gently over low heat in a large pan coated with olive oil with chopped sun-dried tomatoes and chilli flakes for 1 minute, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Set aside.
- Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving ½ cup of water from the pasta.
- Add both pasta and broccoli to the pan with sun-dried tomatoes and gently toss together with freshly grated parmesan, add ½ reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese.