To help myself get over those horrible pictures in the post before, I have decided to also post some photos that actually look decent! Not my best, but works of art compared to the last ones!
Even if my pictures aren’t works of art, this pizza definitely was! I took so much time creating this pizza! I wanted nothing but perfection because my belly deserves the best and most beautiful food! So after lots of preparation, beautiful food is what my belly got!
This pizza was far from perfect, well at least in appearance, but boy oh boy its taste was absolute perfection!! That was probably due to its fresh ingredients. The ingredients are so simple. Nothing super fancy or crazy going on here! The craziest part of the recipe is roasting the vegetables in the oven with a little salt, pepper, and olive oil, but even that was simple! Don’t skip that part, believe me it makes all the difference!
The zucchini, tomatoes, and red onions softened up beautifully! I especially loved the wrinkly tomatoes!
Also note that there is parmesan on this pizza! I of course added a little extra;)
I made this pizza on a pre-made crust:( I am a little ashamed of myself, but I knew I wasn’t going to have enough time for the dough to rise! Plus, we had one left over from a different night. I almost think I would prefer this crust to my homemade crust…ONLY because I haven’t figured out how to make my crust super thin and crispy! This pizza definitely needed the thin and crispy crust!
I got this recipe from that magical pizza cookbook again! so here it is!!
Roasted Vegetable Pizza
3 cups Roasted Zucchini & Tomatoes (recipe below)
1 thin pre-made pizza crust
1/3 cup jarred pesto (I honestly used less than 1/4 cup and it was perfect)
1 cup shredded mozzarella
2 T shredded parmesan cheese (HA!! more like 1/3 cup!)
1. Preheat oven to 500F. Prepare Roasted Zucchini & Tomatoes. Place pizza crust on rack in oven while preheating, and heat five minutes.
2. Remove crust from oven; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread on pesto. Top with Roasted Zucchini & Tomatoes. Sprinkle evenly with cheeses.
3. Bake at 500F for about 7 min, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Roasted Zucchini & Tomatoes
1/4 large red onion (or more) chopped
2 medium zucchini coarsely chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes
2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 T chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 500F. Combine first 6 ingredients; toss well. Spread vegetable mixture on a large rimmed baking sheet.
2. Bake at 500F for 18 minutes or until vegetable are tender and lightly browned, stirring after 12 minutes. Add basil to roasted vegetables, toss gently.