Everyone in the world needs to fill their bellies with these cookies RIGHT NOW! Seriously!! RIGHT NOW!!
These cookies are incredible and life changing!! They’re salty and sweet and breath taking! One bite and you’re in complete heaven! The cookies are so very chewy, thanks to all that lovely brown sugar! I left mine slightly under-baked and I hope you do the same!!;)
So I have been having a bit of a dilemma:/ I am running out of ways to describe cookies…I have been trying to get quotes and suggestions from my family, but they’re not very good. They gave me suggestions like “Sweet and salty.” “Chewy and Chocolate-y.” So as you can see, they didn’t give me much to work with! The best one was my mom’s comparison to milk duds…I think that’s just because the caramel is super duper thick! You just need to trust me on this one. I can’t describe them, apparently no one can, but we sure can eat them!!!:) That we have no problem doing!
My sister just told me she could seriously eat five of those cookies! She also informed me that she received a very excited email from a co-worker today with whom she shared a cookie with! This is a MAJOR recipe success! It will be made again and again!
These might be the best cookies on the blog!! I’m not sure yet if I want to give them such a big title though because all the cookies I have made have been so different! I mean how can you compare this cookie to a Lemon Poppy Seed Pudding Cookie or Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Monster Cookies? You just can’t, but if you love the traditional chocolate chip cookie, these cookies will rock your world! They’re chocolate chip cookies kicked up a million notches! That salty sweet combination is to die for! Don’t forget the salt like I almost did!
I couldn’t find the recipe on the blog I originally found it on…I don’t know why. I am positive I found it on sallysbakingaddiction.com. I even found the pictures online, but it wouldn’t bring me to the page on her blog! Oh well! I’ll type out the recipe I used!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups plus 2 tbsp AP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg at room temperature
1 egg yolk at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips (plus more for putting on the cookies after baking to make them pretty)
16 Kraft caramels, quartered (I think I used more like 25, but I also made more cookies than the recipe predicted)
sea salt for sprinkling
- Mix flour and baking soda and set aside
- Cream butter and sugars for about 4 minutes
- Beat in eggs and vanilla for another 3 minutes
- Gradually beat in flour mixture, Don’t over mix!
- Fold in chocolate chips, Don’t over mix!
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets
- Press 3 caramels on top
- Bake 8-10 minutes (mine were perfect at 11 minutes, slightly under-baked and wonderful!!)
- Press extra chocolate chips on top and sprinkle with sea salt
- Cool and Enjoy! Scratch that!! Don’t wait for them to cool, enjoy them straight from the oven! Just be careful the cookies and caramel are hot and will burn your mouth!! It’s totally worth the pain though!