100!!!! What a beautiful number! What a beautiful day! I am finally posting my final recipe to complete my summer goal of 100 NEW recipes! I actually completed about 5 days ago, but it feels more official now as I write this post! This goal was almost too easy! I don’t know what I did differently from last summer, but it went a lot better this year!
I am ending my summer goal with a bang by making one of my favorite foods! PASTA! I could honestly eat pasta every single night and never get bored of it! You can do so many wonderful things with pasta. You can smother it in alfredo sauce, in tomato sauce, or no sauce and just a light olive oil dressing. It can be eaten hot or cold! It can be made with hundreds of different veggies and with different meats!
Today I will fill my belly with an Alfredo pasta with some veggies and some meat!
Oh boy alredo is my favorite! I don’t know why I don’t make it more often. Silly me!! The alfredo in this pasta is a winner! It’s made with the fat from the bacon, a little cream, and loads of parmesean cheese! It was a little bit on the thinner side when I first made it, but I added a little extra parmesean cheese and it thickened up even more with time! The sauce was so delicious. It had a nice taste from the bacon fat, plus a salty and creamy deliciousness from the parmesean cheese:)
So random question. So everyone likes leftover, cold pizza from the fridge right? Well does anybody like leftover, cold pasta? I really really do! I ate these leftovers without heating them up and man it hit the spot!! I just picked up the noodles one by one and ate them!! I don’t know if it’s because I am lazy or if it’s because I don’t have the patience for the microwave, but I like a lot of leftovers straight from the fridge!
Well back this pasta! Bacon and Peas are a combination sent from heaven! I can’t believe how much I absolutely adore peas!! I wanted even more in the pasta! Next time I definitely will be adding more peas to the pasta next time. Like maybe an entire cup more!! If you’re a huge fan of peas, I suggest you do the same. If you’re not such a huge fan, then just follow the recipe:)
MAKE THIS RECIPE! Cook it up right now, or I suppose you can wait until dinner, and celebrate with me!! And then make more desserts from my blog to take the celebration to the next level!! I really wish I had some right now! I need to make some more soon! Very VERY soon!!
- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces dried rotini, penne, or rigatoni pasta
- 1 14½ ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- Crumbled, crisp-cooked bacon (optional)
- In a large deep skillet cook the 4 slices bacon until crisp. Stir in garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds more. Stir in pasta, broth, the water, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once. Stir in peas, whipping cream, and Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir about 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately. If desired, top with crumbled bacon.