Okay it’s time to get in the Halloween spirit! Sorry for my long absence. School is hard:( I’m trying to keep on top of everything, so the blog often gets pushed to the back burner. Which makes me very sad and right now I need some happy:) And what’s happier than Candy Corn!?
I’ll tell you what’s better! Candy corn mixed with peanuts and popcorn and Reeses Pieces and pretzels! To make it even better, let’s coat all those yummy ingredients in some peanut butter caramel! Sound like a plan?
Good because here we go!
Let’s talk about candy corn! Some people hate it, some people love it! I am definitely a lover of candy corn! I get so excited when October rolls around because that means it’s candy corn season:) That stuff is so addicting! I especially love the pumpkin kind!! Oh boy do I!! I already polished off a bag of them!
This Monster Munch caught my attention when I saw the candy corn, but then it really got me when I saw that it was coated in peanut butter caramel…like seriously!! It’s amazing!
I made this at my cousins’ house when we were visiting, and I’m pretty sure I ate like 1/4 of the giant batch! I got to take some back to college with me, and let’s just say it didn’t last long:) I loved every piece! The only thing I will say is that the popcorn was chewy! If you’re imagining a crunchy piece of caramel corn, that’s not what you’re going to get. I was totally okay with that. the pretzels provide some crunch!
The textures in this Munch were incredible! It was salty and sweet! It was everything I want in a snack mix! If you’re a texture fan like me you need to make this ASAP!
The recipe comes from http://backtoherroots.com/2014/10/19/peanut-butter-monster-munch-halloween-party-mix/.
I did not melt chocolate for drizzling and I left off the sprinkles. Feel free to add them if you like, but they are by no means necessary!
- 12 cups air-popped popcorn
- 3 cups mini-twist pretzels
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- Orange candy melts and sprinkles for garnish
- In a very large bowl, mix together the popcorn, pretzels, peanuts, candy corn, and Reese’s pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the honey, sugar, salt, peanut butter and butter to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for five minutes. Remove from heat, and drizzle caramel over popcorn mixture. Stir to coat.
- Spread the popcorn mixture onto two baking sheets covered in parchment. Drizzle with melted candy melts and top with holiday sprinkles. Let cool completely, then break apart to serve.
Peanut Butter Monster Munch