Okay, no time for small talk! We need to jump straight in because this recipe is the bomb!! Make them now!
My dad and I decided to make these as a way to use up some old marshmallows, and we could not have picked a better recipe. Salted Caramel Crispy Treats! Salted Caramel people!! They have to be good! It’s like a law in the dessert world. That salty and sweet combination is absolutely incredible and addicting! Not just any salted caramel either. We used my dad’s caramel to which we added salt, so we faked it a little, but believe me faking it totally works!! Mmmmm! My dad’s caramel is so freaking amazing!! My mouth waters just thinking about it…actually…I think I have some in my fridge still…one sec…I’ll be right back!
Okay all better!! I just got my caramel fix;)
Back to this recipe! The Crispy Treats are so gooey and buttery and wonderful! The buttery taste is out of this world yummy, TRUST ME!!! I brought some of these back to school with me, and let’s just say my roommate was not told of their existence. At first, I just totally forgot to tell her, but after my second one, I knew I was NEVER going to tell her:) My mom took them to work with her, and had a friend eat like 6 of them!!:) Well technically it was 3 of the bars you see in the picture (my mom cut them in half when she took them to work), but still! If that isn’t proof of their deliciousness, I don’t know what is!
So make these bars please! Please oh please make these Crispy Treats! I mean normal Rice Crispy Treats are pretty darn delicious, but these are pretty darn incredible! And by pretty darn incredible, I mean the best Crispy Treats in the whole wide world!! So get enough ingredients for two batches! Believe me you will be making a second batch:)
The recipe comes from the cookbook Sally’s Baking Addiction! I love her blog and her cookbook, and you should too:)
Salted Caramel Crispy Treats
4 Tbsp butter
1 – 10 oz bag marshmallows
4 1/2 cups rice cereal
1/2 cup salted caramel sauce, divided
sea salt, to sprinkle on top
- Lightly grease a 9 by 9 inch pan, set aside.
- Place butter and marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl (marshmallows will puff up, so make sure its a big bowl). Place in microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until the marshmallows and butter are smooth and combined.
- Stir in the cereal.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of the caramel.
- Spread evenly into baking pan.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Allow to cool to room temperature for at least 1 hour before cutting into the bars. (If your like me, and you find it hard to wait, make sure to leave a little extra in the bowl and on the spatula so you can enjoy that as you wait!!)