I’m nervous! I have NOTHING to do! I am ahead on all of my class work, which is good I know, but now what? This is too much time! You want to know the worst part? According to my syllabuses?/syllabi? I have a paper to write and a lesson plan to create still, but the teachers haven’t talked about them yet. I wish they would just tell us about them so I could start working!!! Because that’s not happening, I guess I’ll focus on my blog:) So expect about two more recipes this week:) I have to fit in lots of my fall recipes before Christmas takes over!!
What’s more fall than pumpkin pie spice? Yes it is unbelievably cliche of a white girl to like pumpkin pie spice:( In my defense I do not own Ugg boots or anything with the brand name PINK, and I do not like Pumpkin Spice Lattes!
I do however love filling my belly with puppy chow! All kinds of puppy chows! My belly is not very picky when it comes to chocolate cover cereal covered with more sugar! I have made countless variations including apple pie, cookies & cream, brownie, CAKE BATTER (a personal favorite), peanut butter butterscotch, mint, and now pumpkin spice!!
This recipe was so simple…mostly because I didn’t follow a recipe!! I took some guidance from a recipe, but when I actually made it, there was little measuring involved! I know you may want the recipe, so I’ll post it below, but you should know that you can’t really mess it up! Go with your guts.
Melt some white chocolate (I used white almond bark) stir in some pumpkin pie spice, and then pour it over some cinnamon Chex. Finally, shower some powdered sugar over that already wonderful little mixture and shake it!! Wa-lah!! Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow:)
I warn you, it’s highly addictive!
The recipe is adapted from this one! I just switched up the spices a little bit:)
Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
- 13.5 oz box (about 7-8 cups) Cinnamon Chex cereal, or Rice Chex
- 12 ounces orange candy melts or pure white chocolate
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup powdered sugar (with 1 tsp cinnamon if desired)
- 1-2 cups mallowcreme pumpkins
1. Melt the chocolate in 20 second increments in the microwave until smooth(white chocolate is prone to burning, which is not good), then stir in pumpkin pie spice.
2. Pour chex into large bowl, then pour white chocolate mixture over the chex. Stir to coat each and every piece of cereal;)
3. Into a large brown bag (use those bags from the grocery store) pour the powdered sugar. Then pour in the chocolate coated cereal. Shake well until each and every little piece is coated in powdered sugar;)
4. After cooling, add mallowcreme pumpkins if your feeling cute:) Store in an airtight container!