Want to know my latest obsession? Let’s be honest, even if you don’t care, I get to write about it anyway!! My latest obsession is winter adventuring! That basically consists of visiting different parks and hiking on trails with wonderful people. I’ve already been on two of these adventures and I have another one planned for tomorrow! Some of the best conversations happen on these hikes, and I’ve made some pretty great memories:) The first one consisted of slipping down slopes and walking in step with Justin Bieber music! Ya, I know, we’re really cool. The second one, we found ourselves a little lost and wound up walking in a circle. We also had fun breaking ice on the small “ice rink” I assume the park had made. It was a tiny little puddle of water, but for whatever reason it wasn’t completely frozen, so we jumped around making large cracks in the ice!!
So, let’s get back to my forever obsession, my baking obsession. What’s in my belly today??
Caramel Cashew Clusters!! I love cashews! I love caramel! I love dark chocolate! I love it all! Throw them all together, and I love that too!! These are so easy to make (the first time i wrote that sentence I wrote “these are so easy to eat” haha!! and that’s true too!!). It’s simple, you melt the caramel with some cream over the stove. After that you stir in the cashews. Then scoop that mixture into little clusters onto parchment paper. Melt some dark chocolate and pour a little blob on each cluster:) Yup! That’s it! You can do it!
If you’re feeling fancy like I was, sprinkle some salt on that chocolate because everyone loves that sweet and salty combination! They’re chewy and salty and sweet and yummy!! Sometimes the simple recipes are the best recipes!
By the way, even my mom, who is not a fan of cashew at all, enjoyed these:)
Caramel Cashew Clusters
30 individually wrapped caramels
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup SALTED cashews, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine caramels and cream. While stirring constantly, heat mixture until caramels are fully melted. Remove pan from heat.
3. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the vanilla and cashews until they are thoroughly mixed into the melted caramels.
4. Spray a small or medium cookie scoop with non-stick cooking spray and scoop the caramel-cashew mixture 2 inches apart onto the prepared pan. If you prefer a more symmetrically shaped cluster, use your fingers to mold this caramel. Repeat with rest of mixture.
5. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and shortening until smooth stirring every 30 seconds or so.
6. Drizzle melted chocolate over clusters.